ABOUT                ARCHIVE                TWITTER                BLOGLOVIN                YOUTUBE                FORMSPRING

06/07/2012

june favourites

june favourites
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Not often do I rave about a foundation as my skin isn't too terrible and doesn't need too much coverage, however, I seriously love this. The coverage is good, and can be layered. I use this with a luminescent primer which gives me the most amazing glow and dewy looking skin. It makes my skin look healthy and fresh, especially when hayfever is catching up on me and I'm looking a bit under the weather. Although this is my foundation of choice right now, I realise it is rather expensive and quite a small bottle, so I don't use it every day. I've found that the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation is a good 'dupe' for me.

Garnier Roll On Anti-Dark Circles
I desperately wanted to love the original of this but I never got along with it. I don't have many problems around my eye area, other than the odd spell of dryness on my left eyelid, but this really helps depuff my eyes in the morning. I have tried this before and after foundation and prefer applying it after, but it gives great coverage and reduces my dark circles, which are really bad, it cools the area (which I love!) and is just really really great.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
I'm sure you've all heard great things about this so I won't go into too much detail but the smell, for one, is divine. I have a very sensitive sense of smell so I was worried about this, but it smells amazing, a very natural scent and dare I say herbal? It is amazing at taking my makeup off, even mascara and eyeliner, and the service from Liz Earle is absolutely incredible. I actually got this one free after buying a 50ml pump with a muslin cloth, so I'm guessing it was a deal they had going on, or because I was a first time customer as I got samples of their skin tint too. But I definitely will be repurchasing and using their service again!

Essie Aruba Blue
The perfect shimmery navy blue. I've had this obsession with finding the perfect navy and I think I've found it. I got this in the Essie diffusion line in Boots, so the application is much easier than the regular Essie brushes. It's love.

Benefit Bad Gal Lash
I got this with Benefit 'Tan about Town' with a sample of Hoola and Some Kind A Gorgeous, and I'm really enjoying using it. I strayed away from it for so long because the brush is absolutely huge, and I mean huge, but I've found that it gives me lovely, long, separated yet thick lashes that L likes because they aren't 'clumpy'. And for £9 for the 3 samples, isn't too bad!

Nivea SOS Lip Relief
My lips get awfully dry then chapped, and sting. I needed something desperately to work after relentlessly applying Burt's Bee's lip balms, EOS balms, Korres balms, and eventually bought this as they were getting to a point where I couldn't move them. I applied about 3 times a day for 2 days and the dryness is on it's way out. Bare in mind, that my lips are always dry and have to have a balm on at all times, so it probably would work better if your lips aren't as dry. You can feel the balm working, it tingles when you apply it and it's minty and menthol-y, which I love in a balm (it means I don't lick my lips when I've got it on - which the worst thing to do!).

6 love notes:

  1. That essie nail polish looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the Original Garnier Eye Roll On and I love it, I really want to try the coloured version!

    Love the blog, new follower :)

    Eleanor x
    www.behindtheframe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweet! I never could tell the difference it made to my eyes, but I might have to try it again when this runs out xxx

      Delete
  3. I have that polish! I don't know if I like the color as much anymore, but the formula is amazing. And I've been itching to try Vitalumiere Aqua!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. get a sample, it is one of my favourite foundations ever! xxx

      Delete