ABOUT                ARCHIVE                TWITTER                BLOGLOVIN                YOUTUBE                FORMSPRING

04/06/2012

inspiration: lauren conrad

IFB Muse

A long while ago, my best friend introduced my to the glorious series of The Hills. I'm sure you all know of it, or have at least heard of it. In this series, a young lady named Lauren Conrad was the protagonist. Throughout the seasons, Lauren's style has developed and she's now one of the few celebrities who never gets it wrong it terms of style, fashion and beauty.

Her classic, timeless style is what drew me to her in the very beginning. Sporting white t-shirts and dark wash jeans, she is the epitome of the simple and effortless Cali girl-come-girl next door. Basics with an edge. Her fondness for elegant, girly and pretty shirts and blouses blousoned at the waist make her outfits courtly and dignified with a delicate and dainty feel.

inspiration: lauren conrad
>inspiration: lauren conrad
inspiration: lauren conrad
inspiration: lauren conrad
inspiration: lauren conrad

(Primark silk blouse, H&M skirt, Primark cosy tights, F&F flats, RayBan sunglasses, thrifted bag, eBay necklace)
Photos by L


I've take inspiration from Lauren's style with the silky blouse and delicate skirt but kept the style my own by untucking the shirt, adding my beloved cosy tights, as although the sun is shining, the wind has a bit to it, and wore patent flats instead of heels. The spike necklace that I'm currently obsessing over adds just enough edge and makes the look 'me' rather than copied. Thrifted this bag a couple of weeks ago, thought I'd throw it in to channel Lauren's Chanel collection that everyone envies.

2 love notes:

  1. She does have a beautiful, classic style - and I love how you've dressed in these photos . The necklace is a cool edgy touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's just flawless! Never found a picture where she looks bad.
      H x

      Delete